Outside the United States, U.S.
territories, and Canada there are four ways to register for the GRE
computer-based General Test.
Online - Credit card required. Not available in
China and Nigeria.
- Phone - Call the
Regional Registration Center in your area. Credit card or
voucher number required.
- Fax - Fax the
International Test Scheduling Form (PDF) to the appropriate
Regional Registration Center. Credit card or voucher number
- Mail - Mail the
International Test Scheduling Form (PDF) with your payment to
Regional Registration Center.
4. How do I order additional score reports?
You can order additional score reports by phone or mail.
- Phone (credit card and
touch-tone phone required) - Call 1-888-GRE-SCORE from the United
States, U.S. territories, and Canada. Call 1-609-771-7290 from all
- Mail - Download and complete
Score Report Request Form (PDF) or use the form found in the
center of the GRE Bulletin. Mail it with your payment to the address
on the form.
5. What skills does the General Test measure?
The analytical writing section measures your ability to
- articulate complex ideas clearly and
- examine claims and accompanying evidence
- support ideas with relevant reasons and
- sustain a well-focused, coherent discussion
- control the elements of standard written
English (this factor plays a role only to the extent that poor
writing skills impede readers' understanding of the argument).
The verbal reasoning section measures your ability to
- analyze and evaluate written material and
synthesize information obtained from it
- analyze relationships among component parts of
- recognize relationships between words and
The quantitative reasoning section measures your ability to
- understand basic concepts of arithmetic,
algebra, geometry, and data analysis
- reason quantitatively
- solve problems in a quantitative setting.