Register for the GRE® Computer-based General Test
The General Test is offered as a computer-based test in the U.S., Canada, and
many other countries. Paper-based General Test administrations are offered in
areas of the world where computer-based testing is not available. See
Register for the Paper-Based General Test.
Register to Test in the U.S,
U.S. Territory, or Canada
There are three ways you can register for the computer-based General Test.
Registration (credit card only)
- Use American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, VISA, or a voucher
- Call the test center directly or the Prometric® Candidate Services Call
Center Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Eastern Time (New York),
(excluding holidays), at 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-GRE-CALL
- A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will
be given to you when you call.
- Download and complete the Authorization
Voucher Request Form (PDF) found in the Bulletin.
- Mail the appropriate payment and voucher request form to the address
printed on the voucher, allowing up to four weeks for processing and mail
- When you receive your voucher, call to schedule an appointment.
- An appointment to test must be made prior to the expiration date on the
- If you lose your voucher, contact
the GRE® Program. Only one replacement will be issued.
Requests for nonstandard
testing accommodations must be made through ETS®.
Rescheduling or Canceling a
Test Appointment in the U.S., U.S. Territory, or Canada
- Contact either the local center where you are scheduled to test or call
1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-GRE-CALL (1-800-473-2255) no later than 10
full days before your appointment (not including the day of your test or the
day of your request).
- The General Test rescheduling fee is $50.
Available at permanent test centers on a first-come, first-served, space
available basis in the U.S., American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto
Rico, and Canada only.